Shady Oak Beach
|Other Link||Minnetonka Shady Oak Beach Page|
- 76 Feet of Sandy Beach Shoreline
- Birthday Party Packages
- Canoe, Kayak and Paddleboard Rentals
- Community Play Area
- Concession Stand
- High Dive
- Picnic Shelter
- Restrooms / Changing Areas
- Sand Volleyball Court
An aerator has been put in place near the floating dock in Shady Oak Lake. Please be aware that there will be open water in and around the dock through the winter months, and use caution.
Reserve a Picnic Shelter
Picnic shelters can be reserved through Joint Recreation Services at least 7 days in advance. Visit the City of Minnetonka website for more information.
A fee is required to enter Shady Oak Beach. Customers can
choose from a season pass, one-day admission fee or a 10-visit punch
card. Children two years and younger are free. Children under the age
of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
One-Day Admission Rate
- $6 per person
- $3 after 6 p.m.
- View Minnetonka website. Online renewal is available for 2018 pass holders only.
- Phone: 952-939-8203
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- In Person: Minnetonka Recreation Services (temporarily located at 14350 Excelsior Boulevard), Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and at Shady Oak Beach starting June 7 during open hours.
Group reservations are available from noon-6 p.m. daily. Contact Recreation Services at 952-939-8203 at least seven days in advance to reserve time for a group.
- Resident: $5 per person
- Non-resident: $6 per person