Shady Oak Beach
|Other Link||Minnetonka Shady Oak Beach Page|
- 76 Feet of Sandy Beach Shoreline
- Birthday Party Packages
- Canoe, Kayak and Paddleboard Rentals
- Community Play Area
- Concession Stand
- High Dive
- Picnic Shelter
- Restrooms / Changing Areas
- Sand Volleyball Court
Shady Oak Beach Safety Restrictions
Due to historic snow melt this year, as well as recent heavy rainfall, the water level at Shady Oak Lake has risen considerably. The city is currently pumping and redirecting the water, however, the effects of that process will not be seen immediately.
The beach will open as planned on Friday, June 7, but with some location and activity restrictions for safety purposes:
- The high dive and dock will be closed.
- All sand is under water.
- Water access will be limited to certain entry points.
Reserve a Picnic Shelter
Picnic shelters can be reserved through Joint Recreation Services at least 7 days in advance. Visit the City of Minnetonka website for more information.
A fee is required to enter Shady Oak Beach. Customers can
choose from a season pass, one-day admission fee or a 10-visit punch
card. Children two years and younger are free. Children under the age
of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
One-Day Admission Rate
- $6 per person
- $3 after 6 p.m.
- View Minnetonka website. Online renewal is available for 2018 pass holders only.
- Phone: 952-939-8203
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- In Person: Minnetonka Recreation Services (temporarily located at 14350 Excelsior Boulevard), Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and at Shady Oak Beach starting June 7 during open hours.
Group reservations are available from noon-6 p.m. daily. Contact Recreation Services at 952-939-8203 at least seven days in advance to reserve time for a group.
- Resident: $5 per person
- Non-resident: $6 per person