Hopkins Apartment Managers' Association (HAMA)
The HAMA is an active organization of apartment managers that works to maintain a strong rental market and to promote community involvement among its residents in Hopkins. The purpose of the coalition is to:
- Promote professionalism among its members
- Improve the image of Hopkins as a community
- Enrich the relationship with the City of Hopkins
- Share solutions to common problems
- Provide continuing education for managers
- Promote communication between apartment communities
- Enhance the quality of life for its residents
- Protect the interests of its investors
- Bring the highest standard of leadership and integrity to the profession.
If you own and operate only a few units on a part-time basis and you would like the advice of an experienced property manager, call Liz Page at 952-548-6323 and she will refer you.
2017 Meeting Schedule
All meetings are from noon – 1:30 p.m. at the Hopkins Fire Station (101-17th Avenue South) unless otherwise stated.
- February 15, 2017 – Applicant Screening – New Requirements You Need to Know! Expert advice from Tony Karels, with rental History Reports.
- May 17, 2017 – A presentation from Rachel Robinson with Greater Metropolitan Housing. Rachel will talk about the state of the rental housing market in the Twin Cities and its impact on naturally occurring affordable housing. She will also talk about tools that are available to support existing multifamily housing properties.
- September 20, 2017 (meeting location TBD) – Tour the newly completed Moline apartment building, a 241-unit luxury apartment located in Downtown Hopkins.
- November 15, 2017 – The Landlord’s Guide to Minnesota Tenant Law. Attorney Mike Vraa will talk about common legal issues that landlords face, including evictions, the application process and security deposits. Mike has been practicing law for over 20 years and was the lead author of two books including the recently published “Landlord’s Guide to Minnesota Law”.
For questions about HAMA meetings, including agendas and ideas for future meeting topics Liz Page at 952-548-6323 or Anne Marie Buck at 952-548-6407.
Ramsgate Apartments, winner of a Community Image Award