City Council Meetings
1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7 pm
Council Chambers, Hopkins City Hall (Directions)
Meetings are open to the public.
Meeting broadcasts & webcasts
City Council meetings can be watched live or on-demand online.
They can also be seen live on Cable Channel 16. Meetings are replayed on Channel 16 at the following days and times:
- Every day, except Tues - 7 pm
- Thurs - 2:00 pm
- Sun - 1:00 pm
2nd Tuesday of the month, 6:30 pm
Raspberry Room, Hopkins City Hall
Work sessions are open to the public.
Addressing the City Council
All City Council meetings end with an item called "Open Agenda," immediately following the adjournment. At this time, individuals can address the Council on subjects that are not part of the regular agenda.
Anyone who wishes to address the City Council during this time must first complete a Speaker Request Form, which is available in the lobby of City Hall before the meeting. Forms must be completed and returned to the City Clerk or the Mayor before the start of the meeting.
The Open Agenda portion of the meeting is not televised.
- Speakers will be limited to three minutes during an Open Agenda.
- Speakers are asked to use the microphone to address the Council.
- After addressing the Council, speakers should resume their seats.
- Comments should reflect the issues being raised and should not be personal attacks.
- If you have written notes you wish to present to the Mayor and City Council, please provide an extra copy for Council files.
Some City Council meetings will contain public hearings pertaining to a particular issue. During the public hearing, you have an opportunity to tell the Council how you feel about the issue being discussed. The process for a typical public hearing includes the following:
- Presentation by City Staff
- Questions from the Council
- Opening of the hearing and solicitation of public comment (this is the only opportunity for the public to comment)
- Closing of the hearing
- Council discussion
- Council action (occasionally, the Council may continue a hearing to action)
Speakers are asked to:
- raise their hands and wait to be recognized by the Mayor.
- use a microphone to address the Council.
- clearly state his/her name and address.
- limit comments and or questions to the topic being discussed.
- refrain from personal attacks.
- Council Meeting
Tuesday, May 6, 2014—7 pm
2014 City Council Meeting Dates
The Council meets on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 pm, unless indicated below.
- January 7 & 21
- February 3* & 18
- March 4 & 18
- April 1 & 15
- May 6 & 20
- June 3 & 17
- July 1 & 15
- August 4* & 19
- September 2 & 16
- October 7 & 21
- November 5*** & 18
- December 2 & 22*