For residential refuse customers
Brush is collected curbside every Tuesday, weather permitting (excluding holidays). You must schedule a pick-up by calling 952-939-1382 before 2 p.m. the previous Monday.
Looking for yard waste pick up information?
Free Brush Pick-Up Dates 2017
Free spring brush pick up will be April 10-20, the same day as garbage day, weather permitting. You do not need to call to schedule this pick-up.
Brush pickup charges
- 0-5 cubic yards: $12
- 5-17 cubic yards: $30
- 18 cubic yard truckload: $50
Brush pick up guidelines
What can go in my brush pile?
- Only brush which is generated on Hopkins’ residential properties will be picked up.
- Brush is defined as tree limbs, twigs, woody vines, and branches up to a maximum of 6-inches in diameter and 15 feet in length. No logs or lumber are accepted.
How do I make my brush pile?
- Stack brush in a neat pile on the boulevard, not in the street (NO alley pick up), with butt ends all one way, parallel to the street.
- Keep brush piles at least 5 feet away from poles, signs, overhead wires, guide wires, trees, fences, refuse containers, parked cars, etc.
- Do not use tarps under or on top of your brush (we use machinery to pick up the brush and the tarps hamper the pick-up).
DO NOT put brush in your refuse containers.
Drop off site
Hopkins refuse customers can also drop off their brush and yard waste for free at the drop-off site, open mid-spring through November.