Chess Opportunities at the Pavilion
For kids 5-16
Twin Cities Chess Club and the Chess Club of Minnesota offer Chess Schools every season at the Hopkins Pavilion.
- Igor Rybakov, the USCF- rated tournament chess player who was named the Best Chess Coach of Minnesota in 2010
- Chess Master Tim Lee, the chess coach of many US champions and finalists
- Master Tatyana Zitselman, former member of the US Women’s Team
UPCOMING CHESS SCHOOLS:
Monday–Friday, Aug. 14–18
- Full day, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.; $240
- Morning Session: 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.; $150
- Afternoon Session: 12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.; $150
Fall Chess School (for kids 5-16) | Registration Form
Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Nov. 5, 12, 19, and Dec. 3
- Beginner, noon–1 p.m.; $120
- Intermediate, 1:10–2:30 p.m.; $130
- Advanced, 2:40–4 p.m.; $130
- Training Tournaments, 4:15–6:45 p.m.; $140
Wednesday–Friday, Dec. 27–29
- Full day, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.; $150 (please bring lunch/drink)
- Morning Session: 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.; $90
- Afternoon Session: 12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.; $90
Round Robin Chess Tournament
All ages and abilities welcome!
A fun way for students of all ages to learn and improve their chess level. Organized and run by Chess Club of Minnesota and the Twin Cities Chess Club. Chess tournaments are the next arena where young chess players can test their skill. Chess tournaments are not only competitions, but social events as well. Participants will meet peers with a similar love for the game.
Players are grouped by rating/age/experience level with 6-8 participants in each group. Pizza and beverages will be provided. Every student will receive either trophy or medal based on performance.
Sunday, Dec. 10
$25 by Dec. 8/$35 at the door