Shady Oak Beach
5200 Shady Oak Rd., Minnetonka - Directions
2018 Hours of Operation
- June 8–July 31, 10 a.m.–9 p.m. (closes at 7 p.m. on July 4)
- August 1–20, 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
Swimming ends a half hour before sunset.
- 76 feet of sandy beach shoreline
- High dive
- Concession stand
- Restrooms/changing areas
- Canoe, kayak and paddleboard rentals
- Community play area
- Sand volleyball court
- Birthday party packages
- Picnic shelter (Picnic shelters can be reserved through Recreation Services at 952-939-8642.)
A fee is required to enter Shady Oak Beach. Customers can choose from a season pass, one-day admission fee or a 10-visit punch card. Children two years and younger are free. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
One-Day Admission Rate
$6/person, $3 after 6 p.m.
Rates can be found on the City of Minnetonka website.
- Online: webtrac.hopkinsminnetonka.com (online renewal available for 2017 pass holders only)
- By Phone: 952-939-8203, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- In Person: Minnetonka City Hall, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. starting March 13 and at Shady Oak Beach starting June 8 during open hours.
Group reservations are available from noon-6 p.m. daily. Contact Recreation Services at 952-939-8203 at least seven days in advance to reserve time for a group.