Multicultural Advisory Committee (MAC)
In 2008, the Joint Community Police Partnership formed the Hopkins Multicultural Advisory Committee, with members representing different cultural groups in Hopkins.
The MAC provides advice, suggestions, and assistance to the Hopkins Police Department to aid them in better serving, communicating with, and understanding the many cultures that reside in, work in, or visit the Hopkins area. The MAC is a subset of the JCPP.
MAC Activities Include:
- Community engagement
- Facilitated discussions
- Creating printed media for immigrant community members to better understand police services and laws
- Creating a safe platform to share community information and concerns
- Organizing and presenting cultural training for police officers and community
- Representing a positive presence in our community
- Community building through fostering diverse relationships
Serve on the MAC
The MAC is recruiting members to serve on their committee. Candidates should:
- live, work, or worship in Hopkins
- be able to attend monthly meetings
- be accepting of persons different than themselves and respectful of different faiths
- be connected to the community with the ability to foster relationships
- be willing to cooperatively work with the police in enhancing relationships between all cultural communities and police
Candidates must pass a criminal background check and have a brief interview with staff.