Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Please fill out one form per property
Duplex/Double Bungalow - 1 unit rented
Duplex/Double Bungalow - both units rented
Single Family Home
Number of Apartment Buildings ($75.00 per building)
The rental license for apartments is a base fee of $75 plus $10 per unit. Please enter the number of units, and then calculate the unit fee by multiplying that number times $10. (For example, if your building has 50 units, enter $500 for the unit fee.)
Per Unit Fee
Part II, Chapter 20, Division 6 of the Hopkins City Code requires a tenant protection period following the sale of an affordable rental housing building with 3 or more units. Current building owners are responsible for reporting the number of affordable units in their buildings. “Affordable units” are defined as units with rents at or below the rates by bedroom count shown in the table below and does not require that the rent for those units is subsidized. If none of the units in the building meet this definition, enter “0” for the number of affordable units.
Visit our website at www.hopkinsmn.com/1063/Tenant-Protection-Ordinance.
I certify that the above information is true and correct. I understand my signature as property manager will hold me responsible for the maintenance and management of said rental property, including legal action if necessary. All mailings from the Inspections Division including the annual rental license billing statement will be mailed to the appointed agent/contact person unless the Inspections Division is notified of any changes.
• A fee will be assessed per City Council Resolution.
• Rental units may not be occupied without a rental license.
• Changes in management or partnership require an Ameneded Rental License application at no cost. Contact our office or visit our website at
• No license shall be assignable. If any changes occur in ownership, units must be re-licensed.
• Payments received more than 30 days late will be doubled.
• Administrative citations starting at $500 may be issued for non-payment.
• GOVERNMENT DATA PARACTICES - TENNESSEN WARNING: The data you supply on this form will be used to process the license you are applying for. You are not legally required to provide this data, but we will not be able to process the license without it. The data will constitute a public record if and when the license is granted as such will be available to the general public upon written request. (MN Law M.S.13.41)
* indicates a required field