Shady Oak Beach
|Other Link||Minnetonka Shady Oak Beach Page|
- 76 Feet of Sandy Beach Shoreline
- Birthday Party Packages
- Canoe, Kayak and Paddleboard Rentals
- Community Play Area
- Concession Stand
- High Dive
- Picnic Shelter
- Restrooms / Changing Areas
- Sand Volleyball Court
Shady Oak Beach Closed for season
NOTICE: An aerator has been put in place near the floating dock in Shady Oak Lake. Please be aware that there will be open water in and around the dock throughout the winter months and use caution.
Reserve a Picnic Shelter
Picnic shelters can be reserved through Joint Recreation Services at least seven days in advance. Visit the City of Minnetonka website for more information.
A fee is required to enter Shady Oak Beach. Customers can
choose from a season pass, one-day admission fee or a 10-visit punch
card. Children two years and younger are free. Children under the age
of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
One-Day Admission Rate
- General Admission: $6 per person
- Twilight Rate (after 6 p.m.): $3 per person
- 10-Visit Punch Card: $40
2021 Season Pass Rates
- Resident: $13/pass
- Non-resident: $26/pass
Season Pass Purchasing Options
- Recreation Services (14600 Minnetonka Boulevard), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. VISA, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
- Shady Oak Beach (5200 Shady Oak Road) during operating hours. Cash, check (made payable to "Recreation Services"), VISA, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
- Call Recreation Services at 952-939-8203, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. VISA, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
- Renewing your season pass or purchasing a new pass may be done online at minnetonkamn.gov/register.
Group reservations are available from noon-6 p.m. daily. Contact Recreation Services at 952-939-8203 at least seven days in advance to reserve time for a group.
- Resident: $5 per person
- Non-resident: $6 per person
- Chaperones and bus drivers are free