Sewer Backups

If you have reason to believe that there is a problem with your sewer service, the City should be notified immediately. Call 952-939-1382 on weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. On weekends, holidays, and after hours, call the Police Department (911) and they will contact on-call Public Works personnel. 

The City will dispatch a Public Works employee to investigate the sewer main line for problems and take action if appropriate.


To report a backup on weekends, holidays or after hours, call the Police Dispatch (911).

If the problem lies in the sanitary sewer service from the home to the sewer main in the street, including the "Y" or "T" connection, it is the responsibility of the property owner to resolve.