Shady Oak Beach
|Other Link||Minnetonka Shady Oak Beach Page|
- 76 Feet of Sandy Beach Shoreline
- Birthday Party Packages
- Canoe, Kayak and Paddleboard Rentals
- Community Play Area
- Concession Stand
- High Dive
- Picnic Shelter
- Restrooms / Changing Areas
- Sand Volleyball Court
Shady Oak Beach Opens June 19 with Significant Modifications
In light of Governor Walz's recent order easing restrictions around COVID-19, Shady Oak Beach will open to the public on June 19, with the following modifications:
- The beach will open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- A pass is not required to enter and use Shady Oak Beach this season.
- The beach will NOT be staffed with a lifeguard. Swim at your own risk and with caution. Please be safe!
- Buoys will outline the swimming area.
- The playground is open for use.
- The dock will remain closed all season.
- The high dive will remain closed all season.
- There will be no concessions, rentals, amenities or obstacle course.
- There will be no full-time beach attendant. Part-time staff will clean the area daily.
- Drinking fountains and the foot wash stations are shut off for the season. Bring plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- Indoor bathrooms are closed for the season. However, there will be additional portable toilets onsite.
- Social distancing requirements apply at all times. Please do not enter the beach if you are feeling sick. It's a great idea to bring hand sanitizer, too.
- And last but not least ... have fun! It's why we're opening it after all!
Reserve a Picnic Shelter
Picnic shelters can be reserved through Joint Recreation Services at least 7 days in advance. Visit the City of Minnetonka website for more information.
A fee is required to enter Shady Oak Beach. Customers can
choose from a season pass, one-day admission fee or a 10-visit punch
card. Children two years and younger are free. Children under the age
of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
One-Day Admission Rate
- $6 per person
- $3 after 6 p.m.
- View Minnetonka website. Online renewal is available for 2018 pass holders only.
- Phone: 952-939-8203
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- In Person: Minnetonka Recreation Services (temporarily located at 14350 Excelsior Boulevard), Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and at Shady Oak Beach starting June 7 during open hours.
Group reservations are available from noon-6 p.m. daily. Contact Recreation Services at 952-939-8203 at least seven days in advance to reserve time for a group.
- Resident: $5 per person
- Non-resident: $6 per person