The Hopkins Race & Equity Initiative is a collaborative effort creating opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of race, equity and diversity and promoting a sense of community that welcomes and values all residents. This unique partnership represents the Hopkins Police Department, the City of Hopkins, Gethsemane Lutheran Church and Hopkins Public Schools.
These mini-grants are designed to engage students and community members in projects and activities that align with the purpose and goals of the Race & Equity Initiative:
• Builds awareness and understanding of race and equity
• Invites changes to organizational systems through collaboration
• Promotes community efforts to celebrate diversity, raise awareness and understanding of race, equity and diversity
• Serves as a catalyst to inspire individuals, groups and organizations
• Will be a resource and support to our community in the event of a community crisis.
The greater Hopkins area is a strong community with racial, cultural and socio-economic diversity; a unique community with a heritage of quality schools, vibrant faith communities and comprehensive city services. As the community population changes, it’s time to leverage this heritage to maintain a vibrant Hopkins community for future generations.
Hopkins Public Schools students and staff
Community members/organizations in the Hopkins School community
Adult and youth collaboration preferred, not required.
When: Two mini-grant deadlines
April 4, 2019
May 17, 2019
Amount: Up to $1,000 per mini-grant application
Grant Application Fillable (PDF)
For further information contact Katie Williams at Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-988-4067